|Commit message (Collapse)||Author||Files||Lines|
When they were compiled initially, I had not installed a Qt5 package
and therefore the phonon packages could not pick up support for qt5.
The new packages have been compiled in the presence of Qt5 so that the broken
Powerdevil and NetworkManagement services work again.
- deps/ninja (needed for easier compilation of qt5-webkit)
- deps/qt5-webkit (sources have been split off qt5)
This is going to be KDE 5 for Slackware-current, composed of Frameworks 5.6.0,
Plasma 5.1.2 and Applications 14.12.0.
Note that there is still a lot of KDE 4 stuff in here, which is necessary to
support all the Applications that have not yet been ported to KDE Frameworks 5.
The Applications 15.04 (march 2015) release should offer a lot more KF5 ports.
Preliminary build procedure (not verified 100% yet):
- (crude) get rid of Slackware's KDE: removepkg /var/log/packages/*-4.10.5-*
- build all the deps using "updates.SlackBuild" script in the "deps/" directory
- note that extra-cmake-modules is required here as well as when building the
frameworks, so I just copied it from frameworks to deps.
- logoff/login to activate Qt5 profile script.
- removepkg akonadi-qt5 or else kdepimlibs-4.14.3 picks up Qt5 dependencies and
its compilation will fail as a result
- build all the KDE 4 stuff in the "kde/" directory, using "./KDE.SlackBuild kde
libs kdebase:nepomuk-core kdepimlibs kdebase kdebindings kdebase:kde-workspace k
- installpkg akonadi-qt5
- build the remaining KDE 5 stuff in the "kde/" directory, using "./KDE.SlackBui
ld frameworks plasma plasma-extra polkit-kde applications"
- build kdei
Eric Hameleers / alien at slackware dot com / 09-jan-2015
The KDE 5 Software Compilation no longer exists as such.
The components are now:
- Frameworks 5.2.0
- Plasma 5.0.2
These packages need to be installed on top of the most recent KDE 4.14.x
because Applications tarballs which build on top of Frameworks and
Plasma have not yet been released.